The Provincial Accounting Office consistently and continuously provides exemplary and professional accounting and internal audit services through its innovative, untiring and efficient employees dedicated to true public services.
We aim to provide ACCURATE, TIMELY and RELIABLE financial records and reports; ensure compliance with prescribed rules and regulations; and provide control for economical, effective and efficient utilization of the resources of the Provincial Government of Laguna.
The Provincial Accounting Office takes charge of both the accounting and internal audit services of the Provincial Government of Laguna (PGL).
Internal Audit Division
- Establishes internal audit procedures as planned for the guidance of auditing staff.
- Conducts regular meetings with the auditing and remittance division for updates on prescribed rules and regulations and other laws and policies.
- Checks correctness of computations and completeness of supporting documents of disbursement vouchers, payrolls and liquidation reports.
- Verifies obligation of allotment for purposes indicated in disbursement vouchers.
- Reviews contracts of security services, prisoner’s subsistence and janitorial services and infrastructure projects.
- Acts on recommendations cited in the Audit Observation Memoranda and in the Annual Audit Report pertaining to pre-audit of disbursement vouchers, payrolls and liquidation reports.
- Establishes accounting procedures for guidance of Electronic New Government Accounting System (e-NGAS) users.
- Prepares and submits statements and reports on the financial position and operation of the PGL for the information of the Governor, the Provincial Board, other agencies and the general public.
- Prepares and issues certificates and clearances such as Cash Advance Accountabilities and certificates of availability of funds.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation statements and quarterly reconciliation statements of accounting and treasury books of all the depository accounts of the PGL.
- Acts on recommendations cited in the Audit Observation Memoranda and in the Annual Audit Report pertaining to accounting.
- Formulates, develops and implements policies and procedures that may be adopted regarding accounting services.
- Prepares, reviews and approves journal entry vouchers (JEV’s) to record financial transactions.
- Prepares monthly Summary of Remittances of PGL.
- Prepares and reviews disbursement vouchers to remit trust liabilities to creditor agencies.
- Prepares and transmits Electronic Remittance File as required by the GSIS.
- Verifies employees’ capacity to pay the monthly amortization for GSIS loans through the Authorized Agency Officer.
- Reviews, confirms and approves GSIS loans through GSIS Wireless Automated Processing System (GWAPS).
- Issues certificates of payments and salary deductions.
- Certifies outstanding balances of employees with banks and other financing institutions.
- Prepares and submits Alphabetical List of Employees from Whom Taxes were Withheld (ALPHALIST).
- Certifies BIR Form 2316 (Certificate of Compensation Payment/Tax Withheld).
- Prepares and issues certificates of remittances made to creditor agencies.
- Checks and monitors completeness of remittances made in coordination with Internal Audit and Accounting Divisions.
- Prepares annual budget and project procurement management plan of accounting department.
- Monitors, checks and verifies employees’ daily attendances.
- Prepares and submits reports of employees’ tardiness and absenteeism.
- Prepares and consolidates office reports pertaining to personnel.
- Maintains inventory file of equipment of Accounting Office.
- Prepares documents for procurement of office supplies and equipment and prepares appropriate documents pertaining to distribution of supplies and equipment to employees.
- Records and files incoming and outgoing letters, communication, memoranda, office reports and other official documents.
- Maintains personnel files.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of the office.