Sustain a safe and orderly flow of traffic along the National Highway of Laguna. Working in partnership with a traffic responsive community towards rapid economic growth and development of the Province. Ensures the welfare of the public through the Emergency Response Team by providing expeditious life saving support to road accident victims.
Implement appropriate traffic management schemes along the National Highway of Laguna, more so in highly traffic congested municipalities and cities through Education, Enforcement, and Engineering. Safeguard the welfare of the public travelling the Laguna Highways.
FUNCTIONS AND OBJECTIVES
- Formulate and implement appropriate Traffic Management and control measures to alleviate transportation and traffic problems.
- Enforce traffic laws, rules, and regulations as supplement course of action in support of the traffic management and control schemes.
- Provide road security assistance to VIP’s who visits the province.
- Assist the PNP in the maintenance of peace and order to ensure public safety along the National Highway.
- Coordinate with the DPWH in the installation of appropriate traffic signages along the National Highway of operation, rehabilitation of faded pavement marking, damaged potholes, and update on unfinished projects.
- Conduct traffic safety and information awareness campaign through seminars, symposia, and dialogues among drivers, barangay officials, and other interested groups.
- Perform other functions as may be necessary to ensure the effective planning and implementation of traffic management schemes that the Governor may direct.
- To coordinate with GU’s and NGO’s for installation of traffic signage and road markings; coordinate with DPWH for road widening and immediate road repairs to increase motorist’s safety awareness.
- To effect the implementation of Traffic Impact Assessment.
- To conduct traffic management seminar for LTMO personnel for road and accident alleviation and provide orderly traffic.
- To conduct seminar on other Traffic Aides and Auxiliary Groups on Traffic Direction and Control for traffic law awareness and traffic law enforcement.
- To supervise the conduct of Traffic Direction and Control (TDC) along the National Highway of the Province.
- To supervise operations of District Bases.
- To assign MC riders to escort the Governor, Provincial Administrator, and VIP’s et. al. as well as agencies/offices requesting for escorts.
- To supervise Traffic Enforcers in the Conduct of Traffic Direction and Control.
- To perform other functions as may be necessary to ensure the effective planning and implementation of traffic management schemes that the Chief of LTMO may direct.